Kora: Where to start?
Maybe an introduction to my brother, Jamie (Brother Jim):
![]() |
| Sadly Mugie, his lion was killed by hyeanas in May 2013 |
So where is Kora?
Kora National Park lies adjacent to Meru National Park. It is 1,788 square kilometres. The map below gives you an idea of where it is in relation to Nairobi and Nakuru (where my parents live).
George Adamson lived and worked in Kora, rehabilitating lions and protecting the ever diminishing wildlife from poachers before he was killed by Somali shifta (bandits/poachers) in August 1989. This poem commemorates his life:
Before you read anything that I will write, have a look at this website to see some of the fabulous photos that were taken of George Adamson when he was alive.
http://www.fatheroflions.org/GeorgeAdamson_Photos_VM.html
and if you find this blog interesting then keep posted on the park and its happenings on this website: http://www.georgeadamson.org/kora
As for me .... I'm going to keep a record of the 40 days I spend here with my brother ... so keep following!
I leave tomorrow for two days driving up there in Brother Jim's 101 Land Rover ...
Kora here I come ...
Like Kora National Park on facebook ....






No comments:
Post a Comment